This survey was conducted to obtain answers to some basic questions regarding the timing of root canal obturation. A questionnaire was sent via e-mail to 738 randomly chosen United States endodontists listed in the 1998 to 1999 membership roster of the American Association of Endodontists. One hundred fifty-six replies were received. In pulpectomy cases, root canal obturation at the first visit was carried out by 55.8% of the responding endodontists; in infected root canal cases, the percentage was 34.4%. Of the responding endodontists, 34.2% indicated that their patients had experienced some trouble after root canal obturation at the first visit.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Journal of Endodontics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- CV Mosby, St. Louis1998: 73-96 Pathways of the pulp. 7th ed.
- One-appointment endodontic therapy: a nationwide survey of endodontists.J Endodon. 1982; 8: 35-40
- Treatment of the endodontic emergency: a decade later.J Endodon. 1990; 16: 284-291
- Endodontic interappointment flare-ups: a prospective study of incidence and related factors.J Endodon. 1992; 18: 172-177
- Successful single-visit endodontics during Operation Desert Shield.J Endodon. 1993; 19: 412-413
- Single visit endodontics: a clinical study.J Endodon. 1983; 9: 147-152
- A comparison of one versus two appointment endodontic therapy in teeth with non-vital pulps.Int Endod J. 1989; 22: 179-183
- The incidence of failure following single-visit endodontic therapy.J Endodon. 1986; 12: 68-72
- A survey of filling methods, intracanal medications, and instrument breakage.J Endodon. 1999; 25: 823-824
- CV Mosby, St. Louis1996: 367-382 Endodontic therapy. 5th ed.
© 2002 The American Association of Endodontists. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.