Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Toothaches and death.J Hist Dent. 1999; 47: 11-13
- Uncommon complications of odontogenic infections.Am J Emerg Med. 1996; 14: 317-322
- Surgical management of orofacial infections.Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2000; 8: 77-100
- The swollen face: severe odontogenic infections.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2000; 18: 481-519
- Microbiology and treatment of dental abscesses and periodontal-endodontic lesions.Periodontol 2000. 2002; 28: 206-239
- Analysis of systemic and local odontogenic infection complications requiring hospital care.J Infect. 2008; 57: 116-122
- Hospital emergency department visits attributed to pulpal and periapical diseases in the United States in 2006.J Endod. 2010; 37: 6-9
- J Am Dent Assoc. 2010; 141: 1107-1116
Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Databases. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. Available at: www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/databases.jsp. Accessed May 6, 2012.
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Consumer Price Index Detailed Reports. Available from: http://www.bls.gov/cpi/cpi_dr.htm. Accessed May 6, 2012.
- A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies: development and validation.J Chronic Dis. 1987; 40: 373-383
American Dental Association, Health Policy Resources Center. 2009 Survey of Dental Fees. Available at: https://www.ada.org/members/sections/professionalResources/09_sdf.pdf. Accessed January 4, 2012.
- Differences in hospital resource allocation among sick newborns according to insurance coverage.JAMA. 1991; 266: 3300-3308
- Variation in inpatient resource use in the treatment of HIV.Med Care. 1999; 37: 220-227
- Analysis of 23 million US hospitalizations: uninsured children have higher all-cause in-hospital mortality.J Public Health. 2009; 32: 236-244
- Comparison of uninsured and privately insured hospital patients.JAMA. 1991; 265: 374-379
Stranges E, Kowlessar N, Davis H. Uninsured hospitalizations, 2008. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Statistical Brief 108. Available at: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb108.jsp. Accessed May 6, 2012.
- An exploration of the complex relationships of socioecologic factors in the treatment and outcomes of acute myocardial infarction in disadvantaged populations.Health Serv Res. 2001; 36: 711-732
- Charges for childhood asthma by hospital characteristics [serial online].Pediatrics. 1998; 102: E70
- Do financial incentives linked to ownership of specialty hospitals affect physicians' practice patterns?.Med Care. 2008; 46: 732-737
- Sicker and poorer—the consequences of being uninsured: a review of the research on the relationship between health insurance, medical care use, health, work, and income.Med Care Res Rev. 2003; 60: 3S-75S
- Unmet health needs of uninsured adults in the United States.JAMA. 2000; 284: 2061-2069
- Health insurance and access to care for symptomatic conditions.Arch Intern Med. 2000; 160: 1269-1274
- Trends in the quality of care and racial disparities in Medicare managed care.N Engl J Med. 2005; 353: 692-700
- Ethnicity, traditional health beliefs, and health-seeking behavior: guardians' attitudes regarding their children's medical treatment.J Pediatr Health Care. 2004; 18: 22-29
- Dental services and oral health.Vital Health Stat 10. 1992; 183: 1-95
- Dental Insurance for Persons Under Age 65 Years With Private Health Insurance: United States, 2008.(NCHS Data Brief, No 40) National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD2010
- Changes in admission rates for spreading odontogenic infection resulting from changes in government policy about the dental schedule and remunerations.Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011; 49: 26-28
Supported in part by a grant from the American Association of Endodontics Foundation .