- •The influence of different access cavities and/or loss of tooth walls was evaluated.
- •Teeth with traditional, conservative, and truss access had similar fracture strength.
- •Intact teeth had higher fracture strength than the teeth in all of the test groups.
- •The loss of both mesial and distal ridges reduced tooth strength significantly.
- •The loss of 2 walls reduced the fracture strength of teeth more than access cavities.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Reduction in tooth stiffness as a result of endodontic and restorative procedures.J Endod. 1989; 15: 512-516
- Punch shear testing of extracted vital and endodontically treated teeth.J Biomech. 1983; 16: 841-848
- Vertical root fractures in endodontically treated teeth: a clinical survey of 36 cases.J Endod. 1993; 19: 87-91
- An evaluation of endodontically treated vertically fractured teeth.J Endod. 1999; 7: 506-508
- Collagen degradation in endodontically treated teeth after clinical function.J Dent Res. 2004; 83: 414-419
- Biomechanical considerations for the restoration of endodontically treated teeth: a systematic review of the literature–Part 1. Composition and micro- and macrostructure alterations.Quintessence Int. 2007; 38: 733-743
- Influence of the endodontic treatment on mechanical properties of root dentin.J Endod. 2007; 33: 603-606
- Influence of restorative technique on the biomechanical behavior of endodontically treated maxillary premolars. Part I: fracture resistance and fracture mode.J Prosthet Dent. 2008; 99: 30-37
- Influence of restorative technique on the biomechanical behavior of endodontically treated maxillary premolars. Part II: strain measurement and stress distribution.J Prosthet Dent. 2008; 99: 114-122
- Are endodontically treated teeth more brittle?.J Endod. 1992; 18: 332-335
- Minimally invasive dentistry.J Am Dent Assoc. 2003; 134: 87-95
- Contracted endodontic cavities: the foundation for less invasive alternatives in the management of apical periodontitis.Endod Topics. 2015; 33: 169-186
- Modern molar endodontic access and directed dentin conservation.Dent Clin North Am. 2010; 54: 249-273
- Case studies in modern molar endodontic access and directed dentin conservation.Dent Clin North Am. 2010; 54: 275-289
- Impact of conservative endodontic cavity on root canal instrumentation efficacy and resistance to fracture assessed in incisors, premolars and molars.J Endod. 2014; 40: 1160-1166
- Fracture strength of endodontically treated teeth with different access cavity designs.J Endod. 2017; 43: 995-1000
- Cutting endodontic access cavities - for long term outcomes.Roots Int Ed. 2015; 6: 12-16
- Does the orifice-directed dentin conservation access design debride pulp chamber and mesial root canal systems of mandibular molars similar to a traditional access design.J Endod. 2018; 44: 274-279
- Effect of remaining tooth structure on the fracture resistance of endodontically-treated maxillary premolars: An in vitro study.J Prosthet Dent. 2016; 115: 290-295
- Effect of post-retained composite restorations and amount of coronal residual structure on the fracture resistance of endodontically treated teeth.Am J Dent. 2007; 20: 269-274
- Decontamination efficacy of photon initiated photoacoustic streaming (PIPS) of irrigants using low-energy laser settings: an ex vivo study.Int Endod J. 2012; 45: 865-870
- Endodontic cavity preparation.in: Ingle J. Tamber J. Endodontics. 3rd ed. Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1985: 102-167
- A practical guide to endodontic access cavity preparation in molar teeth.Br Dent J. 2007; 203: 133-140
- The fracture behavior of premolar teeth with class II cavities restored by both direct composite restorations and endodontic post systems.J Dent. 2008; 36: 444-449
- Fracture resistance of premolar teeth restored with silorane-based or dimethacrylate-based composite resins.J Esthet Restor Dent. 2014; 26: 200-207
DentSply Sirona. Reciproc Blue R25. Available at: https://www.dentsplysirona.com/content/dam/Dentsply-Sirona Flagship/Italy/News/RECIPROC%20blue.pdf. Accessed July 31, 2017.
- Impact of endodontic treatments on the rigidity of the root.J Dent Res. 2006; 85: 364-368
- The effect of amount of lost tooth structure and restorative technique on fracture resistance of endodontically treated premolars.J Conserv Dent. 2013; 16: 413-417
- Methods to improve fracture resistance teeth.in: Vanherle G. Smith D.C. International Symposium on Posterior Composite Resin Dental Restorative Materials. Peter Szulc Publishing, Utrecht, Netherlands1985: 433-441
- Biophysical stress analysis of restored teeth: experimental strain measurement.Dent Mater. 1988; 4: 41-48
- Cuspal deflection in molars in relation to endodontic and restorative procedures.J Endod. 1995; 21: 57-61
- Micro-computed tomography of tooth tissue volume changes following endodontic procedures and post space preparation.Int Endod J. 2009; 42: 1071-1076
- The Genious 2 is coming.(Available at:)http://www.dentinaltubules.com/videos/ninja-access-a-new-access-concept-in-endodonticsDate accessed: July 28, 2017
- The effects of endodontic access cavity preparation design on the fracture strength of endodontically treated teeth: traditional versus conservative preparation.J Endod. 2018; 44: 800-805
- Impacts of contracted endodontic cavities on instrumentation efficacy and biomechanical responses in maxillary molars.J Endod. 2016; 42: 1779-1783
- Influence of access cavity design on root canal detection, instrumentation efficacy, and fracture resistance assessed in maxillary molars.J Endod. 2017; 43: 1657-1662